Pages

miércoles, 23 de enero de 2013

Filofax Help (?)

Hi to all of you out there

This is my first ever poll about planners and particularly about Filofax

If you ever read my blog you may know that I usually stalk Ebay just looking for Filofax planners to drool over the picture and the idea of getting one (Stalker post 1 - Stalker post 2)

A few weeks ago I think, I posted something about saving to get a Filofax Aston and just a few days later I saw it brand new on sale on the Filofax website for 50$ and I didn't have the money to pay for it without touching my savings from my aunt's.

Soon the days went by and I wanted more and more a new Filofax even if I'm not taking all the juice of my Domino that I absolutely adore and my Mini Malden wich it's the one that it's well used right now and since she arrived it's been by my side all the time.

I do have a problem with all this... I ask Joy to help me get a Malden in a very good sale on Canada when she found one but... I don't think I can wait and I have seen the Black Chameleon on sale on the Filofax website and I was thinking it's gorgeous and perfect for working with me and specially considering I love snakes, but... for some reason I feel like something it's not right...

Talking here and there, I have the chance to get a red Finsbury for only 35$ shipping on the US included, but even with that chance I feel something it's not right. Don't know what it is. I want to believe that it's just my head being crazy and wanting all but at the same time I'm worried to cause discoloration on the leather because I do have extremely oily hands but at the same time don't want to wait and don't get a Filofax of my own.

I can always get a Metropol (or wait for one) or get a Dakota and don't worry about that oily situation... or change brand and get a Day Timer or Franklin Covey leather like planner... And at the same time my head it's thinking that I can get washi tape, stickers, Coleto pens, scrapbook paper for dividers, etc, etc, etc, if I don't buy the planner...

Very confusing situation for myself right now... I spend most of my days thinking and thinking... Yesterday I almost made the bank transfer to get the Chameleon but I waited and got a better deal with the company and now they just ask were bank account should I want to put the money so they make the purchase for me already and I'm bitting my fingers to say "YES, DO IT!" and put the money on their account already.

Honestly I don't know what to do... I want a leather planner but at the same time I don't see the point of making the purchase if I don't actually have a functional system yet...

The Filofax that I have in mind are: Metropol, Finsbury, Malden, Chameleon, Cuban and then Daytimer or Franklin Covey leather like covers. If it was for me and I didn't have any problem getting it because of the money I still would get an Aston or a Holborn but those are just for being fancy and having something really expensive.


What do you think? Help me out on this dilema, please?

10 comentarios:

Tracy Reinhardt dijo...

Honey, I don't know what to tell you... I actually like the aston -the way it looks- but the rings are too small for me. And I'd rather have bigger rings then the holborn too. For me, ring size has got to be first. I don't want to buy one then realize it wont hold enough - thats a huge pain for me. I've passed on a lot of them for that reason.

Deborah- Jane dijo...

This is a real dilemma,sometimes too much choice can be a bad thing,meditation may be your only answer..personally I think the metropol is a good alrounder....but if its not your true love you will end up resenting it...good luck

Elizabeth González dijo...

Hmmm rings... I do have the bigger rings in my Domino but I'm worried about this hole thing, don't know why but I am... Making the post help me out a little but didn't make any decision... Sometimes I think the Metropol or even the Dakota on sale would be the answer but really don't know... Too many choices...

Elizabeth González dijo...

I have been thinking about this Deborah for a week or two and I also want to believe that a vinyl would be the best solution... I love my Domino and the feeling to it so the Metropol wouldn't be that different... And if I want leather I can get the Dakota that it's cheap... But you're right... Too many choices and I need to make a decision already

innocent+twisted alchemy dijo...

I just bought my first Filofax and it was really difficult to choose between (first) a personal or a pocket. Then which style? I ended up with the Pocket Finsbury in Antique Rose because no matter which one I looked at, I kept going back to it.

Did that happen to you? Did you have one that you kept looking at?

Kristin Peters dijo...

I would wait and save for the one you want most. Holborn is really nice but so are the others. Do you have a preference for the direction of the card slots?

Elizabeth González dijo...

Yes, I do. I keep looking at several models but the ones that stood up more were the Orange Metropol (and now the Orange Domino), the Holborn and the Aston... The Aston looks so upper class and I love it but it's too expensive with the shipping and such so I don't think I can get it, this year at least...

Elizabeth González dijo...

Actually haven't thought about the card slots. My Domino has then upper side and my mini Malden has it side ways so I don't mind eather way i think. The Holborn it's a gorgeous model, if I compare that with the Malden, I would keep the Holborn, and people has said to me that has smaller rings? Don't think that little space it's good for me but for now big rings are working perfectly for me and if I have to reduce it wouldn't matter

Alison Reeves dijo...

My dad used to say 'when in doubt - do nothing'. Good advice for you here I think. My advice would be to have a cheaper model and play with it and get the setup right and working well before thinking about an expensive binder. Then you can invest in one later when you are clear about what you really want and need.

Elizabeth González dijo...

Great advice Alison. I think I will take it and go for the cheap model and I do have an exact idea of wich one to get ^-^ Thank you... I will get a few stuff over the internet to make my Filofax a gorgeous planner and make more videos and post about it ^-^

Publicar un comentario