Pages

lunes, 1 de diciembre de 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014

For those who don't know. November was National Novel Writing Month. A global event that takes place during the month of November every year in which writers strive to write 50,000 words in only 30 days.

I did participate this year even when I had my Statistic final the 27th of November. Crazy, right?

Well... Lets just say I did not reach the 50,000 word count for the month.




Even with this chart I feel like I won. I have accomplish something that I did not accomplished before in my life. I wrote stories and took them out of my head.

I did not feel like the month was a waste of time at all. I have learned so much about the writer's worlds and my own worlds as a persona trying to write stories.

I feel like now I just need to sit back and outline better the two stories that I put on paper and didn't follow during the month. And also I will keep writing the Fanfiction that took over my world and it's sucking the life out of me but I am enjoying writing it so much that I will not stop.

What NaNoWriMo has left me this year?

  • A stand alone storie outlined and with a few lines written already.
  • A probably longer story that I outlined basically and have a few ideas down already to start writing it.
  • A fanfiction outlined until the middle of it and writen chapters for almost half of that outline already.
  • Knowledge that I can't go and try to write a novel without sitting and thinking very hard about what I want to write and how to aproach it.
  • For me, outlining a little bit from beginning to end before starting to write the story helps A LOT.
  • I write more in English that I do in Spanish. I don't know why this is but I can be more inspired if I write in English, maybe because I think the stories and the characters voices speak to me in English.

I will be trying this again in 2015?

The answer to that it's simple: HELL YEAH!

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario