Pages

jueves, 1 de enero de 2015

Goodbye 2014 - Welcome 2015

So... Hello Everyone :)

This year 2014... that it's already gone, by the way. It's been one of the most interesting ones that I can remember, at least for me and the non-meaningful kind of life that I was living.

First and foremost I didn't make any New Years Resolutions for 2014, which was good at the time but as the days and months rolled by, I realized that I didn't have a good plan of what I wanted to happen or accomplish during the year.

I mean... I knew I wanted to finish university, which I didn't yet. I also knew I wanted to start writing again which I did for a month and then stopped. I knew I wanted to save money and I did, a lot more than I thought I would. I wanted to have a better looking body, instead I gain weight. I wanted to stop drinking to much soda, instead I drunk the same amount or even more, not so sure which one, but not less.

To make this a little bit short I have to say that I didn't do so well in 2014, and for that reason I will make some GOALS for the year 2015.

But before we start with the goals making and all that I have a few Q&A to say goodbye to 2014.

1) What did you do this year that you have never done before?
Work my ass of at the office for 9 months straight and loving it.

2) What was the smartest decision that you made last year?
I think the smartest decision I made was to break up with my ex. The relationship was not healthy for me and I let it ate me and destroy me a lot more than I should, so I end it. Not in the best of ways but it had to be done and I can't say I regret doing it :)

3) What one word best sums up and describes your experience last year?
One word? Really? Damn... Challenging

4) What are you most happy about completing?
The full circle that was my relationship with my ex and the fact that I open my eyes, noticing that I was worth more than what she made me feel. That if she couldn't spare me a moment of suffering, she didn't deserve me and the pain and stress I was under, it was only for her and not for me.

5) What was the biggest risk you took?
Omg! This is a tricky one but I think I know what was the biggest risk... Buy a sex toy and keeping it. Let me explain a little... I live with a very curious mother that can't stop snooping around my closet so if she ever find that sex toy I'd better be dead LOL

6) What are you most grateful for this past year?
I have a lot of things to be grateful for even thou most of the time I don't acknowledge them, but the one that I am grateful the most this year it's the fact that I don't feel a weight over my shoulders to please everyone around me. Now I know I can be me and even thou I do care about what other people think of me, I know I can't do nothing about it, they will think whay they want to think and I have to be me regardless of that.

7) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My biggest achievement was letting go of the heavy load that I carry when it came to how people affected my live with the way they talk or think about me. And the fact that I feel more comfortable in my own skin at 28, it's a huge achievement.

8) What do you wish you had done more of?
I don't have regrets in my live. I can't live with regrets. I have lessons learned and things I will not do again but no regrets. So, that being said, I wish I had done more for myself than I did. What I mean it's going to the gym, walk, go to the salon to get my nails done at least once a month or two, pamper myself and love myself more.

9) What do you wish you had done less of?
Drinking soda, hands down, drinking soda it's the thing I wish I did less for 2 main reasons: health wise and money wise LOL. Also, one other thing... I wish I have not procrastinated so much this year when it came to my studies.

10) Knowing what you know now, if you could write a letter to yourself that would travel back in time so that you would receive exactly one year ago, what advice would you give yourself?
Don't trust 100% in people, because they will disappoint you, so it's better not put your hopes up like that, just be careful and you will be fine. Don't wait for others to like you, they don't know you and everyone will pull in their own direction, specially at work. It's not you, it's them. You don't have to please each and everyone and you deffenitively can't solve other people's problems. Don't get involved in their problems because they will find a way out with or without you and they can blame you if things don't go their way. Love yourself, give yourself a time each day to enjoy just being you and liking the things you do like to enjoy. You are gorgeous, you can be even more gorgeous, it's all up to you. No matter what others say, you can always improve in any aspect of your life if you really want to and work for it. Don't do it for others, do it for yourself.

Sources

Image from: http://www.happyholidays2014.com
Questions: http://hubpages.com/hub/End-of-the-Year-Reflections-Process-and-Survey-Questions-to-End-the-Year-Mindfully

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario