Pages

lunes, 5 de enero de 2015

Spice Up Your Reading!




We meet again my faithful readers :)

This time I've brought to you the 2015 Reading Challenge BUT with a difference. And you may, or may not, ask yourself " what difference is she talking about? "


Well... You'll see... I found [this video] of Katytastic on Youtube talking about a TBR Jar that she made for 2015 and I thought it was a good idea to make one. So I was going to use my serial killer handwriting to put all the names of the books I own in a Jar and pick them randomly.

Instead of that I typed in Google "2015 reading challenge" and the Goodreads and Popsugar pages were the first to show up, so I click on those and came across a 50 book reading list on Pop Sugar [2015 Reading Challenge] and I love the list, so I downloaded so I could print it and have it at hand every week.

Here comes the BUT...

I started to read the books on the original list and I realized that since I live in South America, some of those categories didn't apply very well with me, so I change the ones I was not going to actually be able to read, with the exception of Graphic Novel because I only have wanted to read one and I already did on 2014.

I end up getting a pretty little SPICES jar at the mall on Saturday and I handwrote the list, cut and folded the paper and put them inside the Jar. Since I did added some books that I got from a Pinterest board [Reading Challenges 2015]. My favorite one that I found on that board where the A Book with a Curvy Heroine Challenge, because I'm a curvy girl myself so go figure, and I have never read a book with a curvy main charater and I want to do it (*-*).

I want to explain some things before putting the list down so you can have it and use it as you like. Added to the list it's occult, witchcraft, erotica, LGBT, self help, self development books, and others  because those are topics I'm curious about and I want to read, if you don't, feel free to take them out of your list. Another thing, I put #51 there because I live in Paraguay, so I want to read some of my national author's books, like Augusto Roa Bastos. And last but not least the #62 it's a little treat :)

I would love to have some of you adding me on Goodreads [My Profile] or post a coment telling me if you are doing the Spice Up Your Reading Challenge, or the 2015 Reading Challenge, or any other Reading Challenge so I can get a look, or if you are not doing none then it's fine too...
And if you want to see me talking about this a little bit you could watch my YT Video [here] :)

2015 Spice Up Your Reading

  1. A book with more than 500 pages
  2. A classic romance
  3. A book that became a movie
  4. A book published this year
  5. A book with a number in the title
  6. A book written by someone under 30
  7. A book with nonhuman characters
  8. A funny book
  9. A book by a female author
  10. A mystery
  11. A book with a one-word title
  12. A book of short stories
  13. A historical romance book
  14. A nonfiction book
  15. A popular author's first book
  16. A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet
  17. A book a friend recommended
  18. A Pulitzer Prize-winning book
  19. A book based on a true story
  20. A book at the bottom of your to read list
  21. An ocult book
  22. A book that scares you
  23. A book more than 100 years old
  24. A book based entirely on its cover
  25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't
  26. A memoir or biography
  27. A book you can finish in a day
  28. A book with a curvy heroine
  29. A book about witches
  30. A book that came out the year you were born
  31. A book with bad reviews
  32. A trilogy
  33. A book from your childhood
  34. A book with a love triangle
  35. A book set in the future
  36. A book set in high school
  37. A book with a color in the title
  38. A book that made you cry
  39. A book with magic
  40. A book about witchcraft
  41. A book by an author you've never read before
  42. A book you own but have never read
  43. An erotica book
  44. A poetry book
  45. A book set during Christmas
  46. A book with a prominet mythology theme
  47. A play
  48. A banned book
  49. A book based on or turned into a TV show
  50. A book you started but never finished
  51. A book written by a national author
  52. A book you got for free - freebie
  53. A LGBT book (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transexual, etc)
  54. A book about self-help / self-development
  55. A book by an author of color
  56. An anthology book
  57. A book with a main character that is a person of color
  58. A book written by a souther author
  59. A thriller
  60. A series you saw on youtube and have want to read it since
  61. A gothic fiction book
  62. A book you feel like reading today

Sources:
http://www.popsugar.com/
http://www.goodreads.com/
http://lili-lost-in-a-book.blogspot.com/
http://www.nellesnightstand.com/
http://www.thebookvixen.com/
http://melissaseclecticbookshelf.com/
http://novelchallenges.blogspot.com/
http://www.pinterest.com/

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario